Rediscover yourself amongst family and friends at the Grand Duc, a beautiful log home vacation cottage situated on the Domain Au Chalet en Bois Rond. (4 stars from Tourisme Québec)
Loyal to our ancestral traditions, the Grand-Duc offers you a getaway without compromise, combining the rustic charms of days gone by with the modern comfort of today. Built in one of the most private and peaceful corners of the site, without close neighbours.
The Grand Duc overlooks the majestic Sainte-Anne River, giving you an incomparable view all around, from the main floor, (kitchen, dining room, and living room) and from the second floor mezzanine.
The Grand Duc offers you a living area of nearly 2,352 sq. ft on three floors, and is able to accommodate up to 12 people, with a large log veranda (24 x15) facing the river (built in 2008) furnished with a dining table and a propane barbecue. It is also equipped with an outdoor fireplace surrounded with wooden chairs for evenings by the fire with the family.
Upstairs, the Grand-Duc offers:
1) A master bedroom, complete with whirlpool tub, with a private view of the forest situated behind the house, a comfortable double bed, antique style armoire for your personal items, a 19 inch HD television as well as a DVD player and Shaw Direct HD satellite receiver (DRS 505), offering a myriad of channels (English, French, films, HD channels, etc.)
2) A second bedroom furnished with two single beds, with a private view of the forest behind the house.
3) A sitting area on the mezzanine, offers a hide-a-bed able to accommodate two people comfortably, and providing a spectacular view of the Sainte-Anne River. You will enjoy this area whether it be to admire the beauties of nature or to enjoy a good book.
4) Washroom with toilet and sink.
On the main floor, the Grand Duc offers:
1) A full kitchen, including stove, refrigerator, microwave oven, dishwasher and storage area. Everything is supplied (dishes, utensils, pots and pans, and even a corkscrew!)
2) A dining room table with enough room to easily accommodate six people and an island with three chairs in the kitchen.
3) A family room facing a stone fireplace, with two sofas, a 19 inch HD television as well as a DVD player and an HD Shaw Direct satellite receiver. (DRS 505).
4) Complete bathroom with sink, antique tub, and shower.
In the basement, with patio doors leading the the back yard, the Grand Duc offers:
1) A games room furnished with a card table, pool table, hide-a-bed for two people, an ACL 32" television, a DVD player, and an HD Shaw Direct satellite receiver (DRS 505)
2) A bedroom with bunk beds (single on top and double on the bottom).
3) A laundry room including washer and dryer. No need to go elsewhere to do the laundry.
Let yourself be taken in the rustic charms of the Grand Duc and treat yourself to an unforgettable getaway, whatever the season in this beautiful log cottage, in the heart of our log home village at Au Chalet en Bois Rond.
(Small dogs are admitted for a fee, but not cats)
Our log home village is near golf clubs the Grand Portneuf , the Golf des Pins and less than one hour away from Valcartier Vacation Village. You will enjoy yourself in the waterparks in the summer and snow sliding on tubes in the winter. There is also a ice village for ice fishing poissons des chenaux in Sainte-Anne de la Pérade. Just 50 minutes from Quebec City, the Quebec Carnival and numerous other festivals will keep you entertained. Fishing for walleye on the majestic St-Lawrence River is also offered just 15 minutes from the cottage. All kinds of activities await you throughout the year! Nature at its best, just a few minutes from one of the most beautiful cities, Quebec.